Brenda Padilla Ericksen
Coordinator Cultural Intelligence
Phone: +34 678 649 137 (Spain)
- In the USA I worked in Adult Basic Education teaching ESL and culture crossing skills to immigrants and refugees. I also prepared international students to mainstream into university.
- At North Seattle Community College, I worked in a writing center, coaching students in English writing skills and developing teaching materials and software.
- In Spain I’ve worked in print, web and radio journalism, publishing and broadcasting reports and programs about current issues and contemporary Spanish culture in English and Spanish.
- In Málaga, Spain I’ve taught numerous public speaking courses and founded a Toastmasters International club to provide participants with the opportunity for ongoing public speaking practice.
Currently I provide Cross Cultural Training and Counselling for a Spanish company that sends exchange students to the USA:
- I’ve prepared over 1,500 people in Spain to participate in educational cultural exchanges with the USA.
- I’ve developed a cross-cultural distance course and teach workshops in Madrid, Barcelona, Málaga and Bilbao.
- I also provide practical and cross-cultural support to all participants throughout the exchange program experience.
Here’s a peek at my educational background:
- Western Washington Universidad – Spanish Degree
- University of Alicante – Semester program through CIEE, New York
- University of Seville – Semester program through CIEE, New York
- University of Oslo – International Relations, Summer Program
- Seattle University – Teaching Certificate
- California Reading and Learning Association – Master Tutor Certificate (North Seattle C.C. Writing Center)